Winterizing Your Furnace
Don’t forget to WINTERIZE your furnace this year. Winterizing your furnace should be done every year and tends to be something homeowners forget about. Our technicians at JM Services recommend keeping your furnace clean so it can work efficiently all season long. If you think your furnace needs to be repaired or replaced then call our professionals right away. We can help get it working in time for the cold winter months ahead in Fox River Grove, Illinois.
Depend on JM Services
- Free Consultations
- A+ BBB Rating
- Expert Technicians
- Reliable Service
How To Winterize Your Furnace Fox River Grove
Save money on your bills and improve your furnace’s efficiency by winterizing your furnace. Winter weather in Fox River Grove, Illinois can be harsh and nothing is worse then having your furnace break during the cold winter months. Keeping your furnace in excellent condition is important in in order to keep it working efficiently. Winterizing your furnace will also help prevent it from breaking during the cold winter months. Below is a list of winterization tips you can do on your own to prevent needing furnace repairs.
Furnace Winterization Tips:
- Check Vents – Clogged vents will cause issues with the way your furnace runs. It is important to check and make sure your vents are not clogged so your furnace can work efficiently and not have to work harder than it should.
- Replace Filter – The filter is an important aspect on your furnace. It is important to change the filter before colder weather because a clogged furnace will reduce air flow in your home. When the filter is clogged, your furnace has to work a lot harder to produce heat, which can cause your furnace to shut down. An easy way to avoid this from happening to your home in Fox River Grove is by changing the filter when it starts to get full.
- Vacuum Furnace – Vacuum the inside of your furnace to remove all dirt and debris. The dirt and debris needs to be removed because it can cause your furnace to work less efficiently.
- Check Blower – It is important to check the blower on your furnace. If the blower on your furnace is broken or not working how it should then it will need to be replaced. All of the parts in your furnace need to work properly in order for it to run well. The blower also needs to be lubricated, so adding some oil to the motor blower is a good idea.
- Check Blower Door Condition – Making sure the blower doors are closing properly and sealed is important! If they are not working properly then carbon monoxide can get into the air in your home.
Energy Saving Tips Fox River Grove
During the winter months Fox River Grove residents are constantly turning up the heat. Winter is long and cold and makes many people want to stay indoors. Having your heat running all the time can get expensive. However, if you follow some simple energy saving tips, they can help keep your home warm and lower your energy bills!
Winter Energy Saving Tips:
- Clean your furnace – cleaning your furnace helps it run more efficiently. Also check your filter and change it if it is dirty.
- Adjust your thermostat – When you go to bed at night, have your thermostat preset to lower at night and use more blankets. This will help you save on heating bills throughout the winter.
- Layer up- wear sweaters and thick socks instead of turning up your heat. It is also a good idea to leave blankets on your couches and in your living room to use if you start to get cold.
- Open your curtains – during the day open your curtains so the sun can come in and help heat your home. When the sun starts to set, close your curtains to keep the heat in.
- Seal your home – seal all of the drafts in your home before the winter weather comes. If your home is not properly sealed and insulated then your furnace will have to work even harder to heat your home.
- Use a humidifier – air can get extremely dry during the winter months in Fox River Grove. A humidifier will help increase the moisture levels in your home.
- Use ceiling fans – using ceiling fans can help ventilate your home and keep the heat in each room. Have your ceiling fan run clockwise to push the heat down.
Free Estimates! Call Today!
Winterize your home this year in Fox RIver Grove! Following the steps above will keep your home warm and comfortable all season long. If you need any help cleaning or inspecting your furnace then call our technicians at JM Services today. We have over 20 years of experience and can help with all of your HVAC needs. Our technicians are highly trained and can help with any HVAC service you have. We can install, repair or maintenance all types of different makes and models of furnaces. Trust us for the best service in Fox River Grove, Illinois!