It’s almost impossible to get used to the cold winter months in Hoffman Estates, Illinois. Every year winter slowly creeps up and no one is ever quite prepared for it. Everyone wants to stay warm and out of the freezing cold weather as much as possible. It’s easy to forget about the simple steps you can take to help keep your home warm during the winter months. Our technicians at JM Services recommend keeping your furnace clean so it can work efficiently all season long. If you think your furnace needs to be repaired or replaced then call our professionals right away. We can help get it working in time for the cold winter months in Hoffman Estates. If you think your furnace is working well, then make sure to follow some simple furnace maintenance steps to keep it in great shape!
Why JM Services?
- A+ BBB Rating
- Free Consultations
- Reliable Service
Furnace Maintenance Hoffman Estates
Looking for ways to save on your energy bills? Regular maintenance service on your furnace will help you save on your bills! Winter weather in Hoffman Estates, Illinois can be harsh and nothing is worse then having your furnace break during the cold winter months. Maintenance prevention is extremely important and will save you time and money in the long run. Below is a list of maintenance tips you can do on your own to prevent needing repairs on your furnace.
Furnace Maintenance Tips:
- Turn Power Off – before you do any furnace maintenance on your home in Hoffman Estates, it is important to always shut the electrical power off first.
- Seal Leaks – Seal the leaks on your ducts with special tape or silicone. After you seal the leaks, turn up your thermostat and feel for any more leaks.
- Inspect The Flames – Turn your furnace on and turn your thermostat up. After you turn your thermostat up, inspect the color of your flames on the burner. Your flames should be a blue color. If your burners are not blue, call a professional HVAC technician to inspect it.
- Clean The Burners – When the power is shut off, vacuum areas around the furnace and the burners. Try and vacuum any area you see with dust.
- Clean The Blades – carefully remove the blades from your furnace and then vacuum them.
- Change The Filter – Change your furnace filter every three months.
- Dust – Dust the pilot and flame sensor to keep your furnace working efficiently.
- Inspect Drive Belt – Inspect your belt to make sure there are no cracks or bad areas. If you find cracks, you should replace it as soon as you can.
Energy Saving Tips Hoffman Estates
During the winter months Hoffman Estates, it is difficult not to keep turning your heat up. Winter is long and cold and makes many people want to stay inside a majority of the time. Having your heat running all the time can get expensive. However, if you follow some simple tips, they can help keep your home warm and lower your energy bills!
Energy Saving Tips:
Seal your home – seal all drafts in your home before the winter months. If your home is not properly sealed and insulated then your furnace will have to work even harder to heat your home.
Adjust your thermostat – When you go to bed at night, have your thermostat preset to lower at night and use more blankets. This will help you save on heating bills throughout the winter.
Layer up – wear warm socks and comfy sweaters instead of turning up your heat. You can also leave blankets on your couches and in your living room to use if you get cold.
Use the sun to your advantage – during the day open your curtains so the sun can come in and help heat your home. When the sun starts to set, close your curtains to keep the heat in.
Use ceiling fans – using ceiling fans can help ventilate your home and keep the heat in each room. Have your ceiling fan run clockwise to push the heat down.
Clean your furnace – cleaning your furnace helps it run more efficiently. Also check your filter and change it if it is dirty.
Use a humidifier – during the winter in Hoffman Estates, the air in your home can get dry. A humidifier will help increase the moisture levels in your home.
Following the steps above will keep your home comfortable throughout the winter! If you need any help cleaning or inspecting your furnace then call our technicians at JM Services. We have over 20 years of experience and can help with all of your HVAC needs. We can install, repair or service many different makes and models of furnaces. Trust us for the best service in Hoffman Estates, Illinois!