Residents in Barrington, Illinois don’t seem to ever get used to the long and cold winter months every year. Everyone wants to stay warm and out of the freezing weather as much as they can. It’s easy to forget about the simple steps you can take to help keep your home warm during the winter months. Our technicians at JM Services recommend keeping your furnace clean so it can work efficiently all season long. If you think your furnace needs to be repaired or replaced then call our professionals right away. We can help get it working in time for the cold winter months ahead. If you think your furnace is working well, then make sure to follow some simple furnace maintenance steps below to keep it in great shape!
Why Choose Us?
- Reliable Service
- Expert Technicians
- Free Consultations
- A+ BBB Rating
Furnace Maintenance Barrington
Save on your bills and improve your furnace’s efficiency by doing some regular maintenance steps every year. Weather in Barrington, Illinois can be harsh in the winter and nothing is worse then having your furnace break down on a cold winter day. Maintenance can also help prevent your furnace from needing any repairs in the future. Maintenance prevention is extremely important and will save you time and money in the long run. Below is a list of maintenance tips you can do on your own to prevent needing repairs on your furnace.
Furnace Maintenance Tips:
- Turn Power Off – before you do any furnace maintenance on your home in Barrington, it is important that you shut off the electrical power.
- Inspect The Flames – Turn your furnace on and turn your heat up. After you turn your heat up, inspect the color of the burner flames. Your flames should be a blue color. If your burners are not blue, call a professional HVAC technician to inspect it.
- Clean The Blades – carefully remove the blades from your furnace and vacuum them.
- Change The Filter – Change your furnace filter every three months.
- Inspect Drive Belt – Inspect your belt to make sure there are no cracks or bad areas. If you find cracks, you should replace it as soon as you can.
- Clean The Burners – While the power is shut off, vacuum around the furnace and the burners. Try and vacuum any area you see with dust.
- Dust – Dust the pilot and flame sensor to keep your furnace working efficiently.
- Seal Leaks – Seal the leaks on your ducts with special tape or silicone. After you seal the leaks, turn up your thermostat and feel for any more leaks.
Energy Saving Tips Barrington
During the winter months Barrington residents are constantly turning their heat up. Winter is long and cold and makes many people want to stay indoors. Having your heat running all the time can get expensive. However, if you follow some simple tips, they can help keep your home warm and lower your energy bills!
Winter Energy Saving Tips:
- Seal your home – seal all drafts in your home before the winter months. If your home is not properly sealed and insulated then your furnace will have to work even harder to heat your home.
- Layer up- wear warm socks and comfy sweaters instead of turning up your heat. You can also leave blankets on your couches and in your living room to use if you get cold.
- Use ceiling fans – using ceiling fans can help ventilate your home and keep the heat in each room. Have your ceiling fan run clockwise to push the heat down.
- Use the sun to your advantage – during the day open your curtains so the sun can come in and help heat your home. When the sun starts to set, close your curtains to keep the heat in.
- Adjust your thermostat – When you go to bed at night, have your thermostat preset to lower at night and use more blankets. This will help you save on heating bills throughout the winter.
- Clean your furnace – cleaning your furnace helps it run more efficiently. Also check your filter and change it if it is dirty.
- Use a humidifier – during the winter in Barrington, the air in your home can get dry. A humidifier will help increase the moisture levels in your home.
Contact A Service You Can Rely On!
All of the steps above will keep your home comfortable all winter long! If you need any help cleaning or inspecting your furnace then call our technicians at JM Services. We have over 20 years of experience and can help with all of your HVAC needs. We can install, repair or service many different makes and models of furnaces. Trust us for the best service in Barrington, Illinois!