Boiler Maintenance Hoffman Estates
Looking for a way to prolong the life of your boiler? Boiler maintenance can help keep your home comfortable and prevent your boiler from needing expensive repairs in the future. There are some maintenance steps you can follow on your own that will save you money on heating bills. Boiler maintenance also improves the efficiency of your boiler. If your boiler needs to be repaired or replaced then call the expert technicians at JM Services. Our technicians have over 20 years of experience. They are constantly being trained on all types of makes and models so they are fully capable to help with all of your HVAC services. Keep your home at the ultimate home comfort with our technicians today!
Why JM Services:
- A+ BBB Rating
- Reliable Service
- Free Consultations
Boiler Maintenance Tips Hoffman Estates
Boiler maintenance will help you save on heating bills this winter and improve your boilers efficiency. Winter weather in Hoffman Estates, Illinois can be rough and nothing is worse then having your boiler stop working during the cold winter months. Maintenance prevention is extremely important and will save you time and money in the long run. Below is a list of maintenance tips you can do on your own to prevent needing repairs on your boiler.
Boiler Maintenance Tips:
Annual Check – have your boiler checked once a year by a professional technician. An experienced technician will be able to check for things you might not know to look for and catch any minor problems right away.
Check Water Levels – it is highly important to check the water levels of your boiler every few weeks. If your boiler is running on little to no water then it can become damaged. If it becomes damaged from running on no water, then it may not be repairable.
Inspect Radiators – if your radiators have cold spots then you might need to have your radiator looked at by a professional technician.
Seal Leaks – if you notice any leaks, inspect your boiler and make the necessary adjustments. Sometimes you might have to adjust some of the parts or replace old, worn down parts.
Clean Vents – clean the air vents regularly to keep your boiler working efficiently. If your boiler gets blocked by dust and dirt then it will not work properly. Check it regularly for any blockage.
Clean Boiler – the boiler gets lots of dust on it and needs to be cleaned fairly often. Inspect your boiler for any dust and clean it as well as you can. The less dust and build-up your boiler has, the more efficient it will work.
Energy Saving Tips Hoffman Estates
During the winter months Hoffman Estates residents are constantly running their heat. Winter is long, cold and makes many people want to stay inside their homes. Having your heat running all the time can be expensive. However, if you follow some simple tips, you can lower the cost of your heating bills and keep your home warmer.
Winter Energy Saving Tips:
- Use the sun – during the day keep your curtains open to allow sunlight in When the sun starts to set, close your curtains to keep the heat in.
- Layer up- wear warm clothes instead of turning the heat up in your home. Another good idea is to leave blankets in some of the rooms of your house to use if you get cold too.
- Use ceiling fans – using ceiling fans can help ventilate your home and keep the heat in each room. Have your ceiling fan run clockwise to push the heat down.
- Adjust your thermostat – When you go to bed at night, preset your thermostat to 10 degrees lower for a few hours while you’re sleeping. This will help you save on your heating bills throughout the winter.
- Use a humidifier – during the winter in Hoffman Estates, the air in your home can get dry. A humidifier will help increase the moisture levels in your home.
- Seal all drafts – seal all drafts in your home before the winter months start.
Over 20 years of experience
Can help with all of your HVAC needs
Best HVAC Service in Hoffman Estates