Air Conditioning Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Summers can be intense in Hoffman Estates. We keep our air conditioners running constantly when it gets hot and rely on them to work correctly. In order for them to work properly and efficiently it’s important to get the annual maintenance checks and inspections. Waiting until it breaks down and needs repair may cost you an entire system, which costs a lot more then inspections. If you notice a problem, get it checked out early on and make the necessary repairs so you don’t get stuck without air on one of the hottest days in the summer. There is nothing worse then having to purchase a brand new system due to lack of repairs. If you need air conditioning service contact our professionals at JM Services! With our highly trained and experienced technicians you can expect:
- 4.1/5 Star Rating on Home Advisor
- Affordable Costs
- Emergency Service
- FREE Estimates
Air Conditioning Inspection Hoffman Estates
Looking to prevent air conditioning repairs this summer? Catching small problems early on will help prevent problems from occurring and will keep your air conditioner lasting long and running smoothly all summer long. At JM Services we offer air conditioning inspections and will make sure your system is running how it should. We will catch any problems and come up with the best and most affordable solutions. Call us for an air conditioning inspection before it’s to late!
Air Conditioning Repairs
It’s important to watch out for warning the signs and get your air conditioner repaired right away before it turns into something more serious. If you hear any loud sounds or notice that your air conditioner isn’t pushing out cold air, call the technicians at JM Services immediately. We offer affordable repair services you can rely on.
Signs your air conditioner needs repair:
- Leaks – If there is moisture around your unit then it could mean you have a refrigerant leak, which can be harmful to everyone living in your home. This is a problem that needs to be taken care of right away.
- Unusual Smells – unfamiliar smells coming from your air conditioner typically means there is mold growth in your system. Mold is a serious problem and shouldn’t be ignored.
- Loud & Unusual Sounds – Don’t ignore any loud or unusual sounds coming from your air conditioner. If you hear these sounds it could mean that there is a problem with the belt or the motor. Not getting it repaired could cause more problems in the future.
- No Cool Air – having no warm air flow out of your vents on a hot summer day in Hoffman Estates, Illinois can be very uncomfortable. If your system is not generating cool air then you usually need your compressor or coolant levels checked out.
- Little Air Flow – little air flow could be caused by a clogged air duct. Over time debris can get into the air duct and cause it to clog. Little air flow can also be caused by issues with the compressor. If you are struggling with this, call our highly trained and certified technicians to come out and take a look!
Air Conditioning Installation Hoffman Estates
Always have a professional HVAC technician install your air conditioning system. A certified technician will install the new system properly. If you try installing a new unit on your own without any knowledge then you could risk damaging it. A professional technician will also make sure it runs properly and is connected correctly to your thermostat. When choosing a new system, our technicians at JM Services will help find the best air conditioning system for your Hoffman Estates home.
Air Conditioning Maintenance Hoffman Estates
Keeping up with regular air conditioning maintenance will keep your air conditioner lasting for many years without problems. Air conditioning maintenance checks can also help save on energy bills because your unit is working more efficiently in your Hoffman Estates home. Follow the steps below in order to keep your air conditioner running great for many years:
- Turn the power off – first, turn the power off when doing your own maintenance check at home
- Remove debris – clean any debris in and around the compressor. Removing debris will help prevent any clogs from forming
- Clean fins – clean the fins on the outside compressor and remove any dirt built up on the inside of it. Using a gentle garden hose will help push out any remaining dirt from the fins. Once the fins are cleaned, push any out of place fins back in order
- Clean area around the unit – keep up to 2 ft. clear of branches, leaves and sticks to ensure proper air flow
- Level the unit – over time the soil can become uneven under the unit and cause the system to fail early. Level the unit and if it needs leveling, place shims under it on the appropriate sides
- Clean the coils – clean the evaporator coil on the inside unit to help prevent mold from growing
- Change the filter – your air conditioner filter should be changed twice a year. Make sure to change it before the heating and cooling season begin.