Air Conditioning Crystal Lake, Illinois
Summer weather in Crystal Lake, Illinois tend to get very hot. We keep our air conditioners running constantly when it gets hot and rely on them to work without any problems at all. In order for them to work effectively it’s important to get them inspected and keep up with maintenance. Waiting until it breaks down and needs repair may cause you to have to replace your unit completely. If you notice a problem, get it checked right away and make the necessary repairs so you don’t get stuck without air this summer. If you need air conditioning service contact JM Services. At JM Services we provide:
- Affordable Prices
- FREE Estimates
- Service You Can Trust
- Emergency Services
Air Conditioning Inspection Crystal Lake
Save yourself time and money this summer by getting your air conditioner inspected. Preventing problems before they become more serious and costly is a great idea. At JM Services we offer air conditioning inspections and will make sure your system is running how it should be. We will inspect your unit and make the necessary repairs. Contact us for an air conditioning inspection today!
Air Conditioning Repairs
It’s important to watch out for warning the signs and get your air conditioner repaired right away before it turns into something more serious. If you hear any loud sounds or notice that your air conditioner isn’t pushing out cold air, call the technicians at JM Services immediately. We offer affordable repair services you can rely on.
Signs your air conditioner needs repair:
- Musty Smell – unfamiliar smells coming from your air conditioner typically means there is mold growing.
- Unfamiliar Sounds – Don’t ignore any loud or unusual sounds coming from your air conditioner. If you hear these sounds it could mean that there is a problem with the belt or the motor. Not getting it repaired could cause more problems in the future.
- Leaks – If there is moisture around your unit then it could mean you have a refrigerant leak, which can be harmful to everyone living in your home. This is a problem that needs to be taken care of right away.
- Warm Air Flow – little air flow could be caused by a clogged air duct. Over time debris can get into the air duct and cause it to clog. Little air flow can also be caused by issues with the compressor. If you are struggling with this, call our highly trained and certified technicians to come out and take a look!
- No Cool Air – having no warm air flow out of your vents on a hot summer day in Crystal Lake, Illinois can be very uncomfortable. If your system is not generating cool air then you usually need your compressor or coolant levels checked out.
Air Conditioning Installation Crystal Lake
A professional HVAC technician should be the one to install your new air conditioner. A certified technician has many years of experience and will not make any mistakes installing your new unit. If you try installing a new unit on your own without any knowledge then it has a high chance of becoming damaged. A professional technician will also make sure it runs properly and is connected correctly to your thermostat before leaving your Crystal Lake residence. When choosing a new system, our technicians at JM Services will help find the best air conditioning system for you!
Air Conditioning Maintenance Crystal Lake
Routine maintenance checks will keep your air conditioner lasting for many years without problems. Air conditioning maintenance checks can also help save on energy bills because your unit is working more efficiently in your Crystal Lake home. Follow the steps below in order to keep your air conditioner running great for many years:
- Turn the power off – first, turn the power off completely when doing your own maintenance check at home
- Remove debris – clean out any debris around the compressor. Removing debris will help prevent it from getting clogged
- Clean fins – clean the fins on the outside compressor and remove any dirt built up on the inside of it. Using a gentle garden hose will help push out any remaining dirt from the fins. Once the fins are cleaned, push any out of place fins back facing the right direction
- Clean area around the unit – to keep proper air flow, clean around the unit. Make sure there are no branches, sticks, or leaves two feet surrounding the area
- Level the unit – over time the soil can become uneven under the unit and cause the system to fail early. Level the unit and if it needs leveling, place shims underneath it on the appropriate sides
- Clean the coils – clean the evaporator coil on the inside unit to help prevent mold from growing and causing health issues in your home
- Change the filter – your air conditioner filter should be changed at least twice a year. Make sure to change it before the heating and cooling season each begin.