Air Conditioning Carpentersville, Illinois
Summers in Carpentersville, Illinois can be tough. We rely on our air conditioners to work smoothly all season long. In order for them to work properly and efficiently it’s important to get the annual maintenance checks and inspections. Waiting until it breaks down will cost you more money out of your pocket. If you notice a problem, get it checked out early on and make the necessary repairs so you don’t get stuck without air on one of the hottest days in the summer. There is nothing worse then having to spend money on getting a brand new system installed due to lack of repairs. If you need air conditioning service call our professionals at JM Services today! With our highly trained and experienced technicians you can always expect:
- FREE Consultation
- Dependable service
- Senior citizen discounts
- Emergency Services
- 4.1/5 Star Rating on Home Advisor
Air Conditioning Inspection Carpentersville
Air conditioning inspections in your Carpentersville home will help prevent needing serious repairs in the future. Catching small problems early on will help prevent problems from occurring and will keep your air conditioner lasting long and running smoothly all summer long. At JM Services we will come and inspect your entire system and make sure everything is running how it should. We will check for any issues and recommend the next steps to take in order to fix the issues. Don’t wait until your system breaks down, call us and get an air conditioning inspection today!
Air Conditioning Repair Carpentersville
It’s important to watch out for warning signs that your air conditioner needs repair. If you hear any unusual sounds or notice that your air conditioning system is leaking, call the professionals at JM Services right away. We offer affordable repair services you can rely on.
Signs your air conditioner needs repair:
- Loud & Unusual Sounds – Don’t ignore any loud or unusual sounds coming from your system. These could indicate that there is a problem with your motor or belt. Not getting it checked out or repaired could lead to costly repairs.
- Leaks – If there is moisture or leaks coming from your air conditioner then it could mean you have a refrigerant leak, which can be harmful to everyone in your home. This is a problem that needs to be addressed right away.
- Little Air Flow – clogged air ducts in your home could cause little air flow. Over time dirt and particles can get into the air duct and cause it to clog. Little air flow can also be caused by issues with the compressor. If you are struggling with this, call our highly trained and certified technicians to come and take a look!
- No Cool Air – having no cool air flow out of your vents on a hot summer day in Carpentersville, Illinois can be very uncomfortable. If your system is not generating cool air then you most likely need your compressor or coolant levels checked out.
- Unusual Smells – unfamiliar smells coming from your air conditioner typically means there is mold growing in your system or the air duct. Mold is a serious problem and needs to be taken care of right away.
Air Conditioning Installation Carpentersville
Always have a professional HVAC technician install your air conditioning system. A certified technician will install the new system properly. If you try installing a new unit on your own without any knowledge you risk damaging it. A professional technician will also make sure it runs properly and is connected correctly to your thermostat. When choosing a new system, our technicians at JM Services will help find the best air conditioning system for your Carpentersville home.
Considering a Ductless Air Conditioning System. Ductless Systems Serve Multiple Needs
It goes without saying but one of the main advantages of going ductless is that you don’t need ductwork. This is beneficial if you live in an older home and don’t want to have to rip down existing walls to accommodate for ductwork. It also means that you aren’t sharing ductwork with other rooms. Each room can be controlled and won’t steal air from other rooms. This can give support to rooms with specific needs, such as a large picture window that receives a lot of sunlight warms up a room or a kitchen with a giant stove. Your rooms can be comfortable without overloading an old HVAC system.
Air Conditioning Preventative Maintenance Carpentersville
Keeping up with regular air conditioning maintenance will keep your air conditioner lasting for many years without problems. Air conditioning maintenance checks can also help save on energy bills because your unit is working more efficiently in your Carpentersville home. Follow the steps below in order to keep your air conditioner running great for many years:
- Turn the power off – make sure you turn the power off when doing a maintenance check yourself
- Remove debris – clean any dirt or dust around and on the compressor. Removing debris will help prevent any clogs from forming
- Clean fins – clean the fins on the outside compressor and remove any dirt built up on the inside of it. Using a gentle garden hose will help push out any remaining dirt from the fins
- Clean area around the unit – keep up to two feet clear of branches, leaves and sticks to ensure proper air flow
- Level the unit – over time the soil can become uneven under the unit and cause the system to fail early. Make sure the unit is leveled and if it’s not, place shims underneath to make it leveled
- Clean the coils – clean the evaporator coil inside the unit to help prevent mold from growing
- Change the filter – your air conditioner filter should be changed twice a year. Make sure to change it before the heating and cooling season begins.